Here are the details from the artsonia.com website:
Accepting artwork until Friday, November 15, 2013
Welcome to the 2014 Space Foundation International Student Art Contest! Entries are now being accepted. Read on to learn important details about this contest, including the method for submitting entries right here on Artsonia, new age categories and acceptable artwork format.
Each year, the Space Foundation International Student Art Contest invites students, ages 3 – 18, from around the world to submit original artwork based on a space-oriented theme. The 2014 contest theme, “My Spaceship Looks Like…,” challenges students to design their own spaceship – and then interpret that idea into an original work of visual art (drawing, painting, mixed media or digital).
The Space Foundation will give a total of 25 awards to 24 winners: 1st-, 2nd- and 3rd- Place for each of age categories. In addition, the Space Foundation will confer a Space Foundation Achievement Award, which will be selected by the Space Foundation graphic arts team from among all the winners.
Acceptable Artwork Media/Format:
- Mixed Media
- Digital art
2014 Contest Details & Entry Information
Entries will be accepted from August 23, 2013, until November 15, 2013.
Prizes and Exposure! Winner Categories -- 24 Total Winners / 25 Awards
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners (24 total) representing each age category
- One Space Foundation Achievement Award
- All entries will be publicly displayed in the online Space Foundation art gallery on Artsonia.com and Winners will be showcased on the Space Foundation website
- Public, private and homeschool students are eligible from all nations
- Teachers/instructors/homeschool teachers must submit artwork on behalf of their students
- The contest is free to enter
- Winners will be notified by no later than January 15, 2014
- The Space Foundation will then maintain ownership of the digital artwork and the right to use the digital images of the artwork for display and promotion.
- Click here for official rules on the Space Foundation art contest
- IMPORTANT: Original artwork should be uploaded in high-resolution digital format for reproduction and display
- IMPORTANT: Click here to download parent permission form for teacher to receive prior to submission